Permatex Thread Sealant with PTFE
Economical general-purpose fitting sealant. Outperforms tapes and pipe dopes. Seals and resists pressure in air, oil, diesel fuel and hydraulic systems. Remains pliable at higher and lower temperatures. Temperature range -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C); resists common shop fluids. Permatex® Thread Sealants seal and secure metal pipes and fittings. By filling the space between threaded metal parts, Thread Sealants cure to a pliable seal to prevent leakage caused by vibration loosening, tape shredding, solvent evaporation, damaged threads, and temperature cycling. Designed for low and high pressure applications, Thread Sealants seal instantly for on-line low pressure testing. When fully cured, they seal to the burst strength of most piping systems. The high lubricating properties of Permatex® Thread Sealants ease assembly and prevent galling of the threads. For system repairs, parts may be disassembled with basic hand tools.
- Economical general-purpose fitting sealant
- Outperforms tapes and pipe dopes
- Seals and resists pressure in air, oil, diesel fuel and hydraulic systems
- Remains pliable at higher and lower temperatures
- Suggested Applications: Air conditioning fittings, temperature sending fittings, hydraulic fittings